A brief bibliography
- Blühm A. (editor), Masters of Impressionism: a history of painting from 1874 to 1926, Hatje Cantz, 2008
- Bomford D., J. Kirby, J. Leighton & A. Roy, Art in the Making: Impressionism, National Gallery Publications, 1990
- Brettell R. R., Impression, Painting Quickly in France 1860-1890, National Gallery Publications/Yale, 1999
- Davis C. (editor), National Gallery of Ireland Essential Guide, 2008
- Denvir B., The Chronicle of Impressionism, Thames and Hudson, 2000
- Gaunt W., The Impressionists, Thames & Hudson, reprinted 2003
- House J., Impressionism, Paint and Politics, Yale University Press, 2004
- Le Harivel A. (editor), Taking Stock: Acquisitions 2000–2010, National Gallery of Ireland, 2010.
- Lemoine S. (editor), Paintings in the Musée d'Orsay, Thames & Hudson, 2004
- Mayes E. (editor), Monet, Renoir and the Impressionist Landscape, National Gallery of Ireland/Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 2002
- McLean J. (editor), Impressionist Interiors, National Gallery of Ireland, 2008
- McConkey K., Impressionism in Britain, Yale/Barbican Art Gallery, 1995.
- M. Munro, French impressionists, Cambridge University Press, 2003
- O’Neill J. P. (editor), American Impressionism and Realism. Paintings of Modern Life 1885-1915, Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1995.
Smarthistory: an open educational resource for art history
Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History by the Metropolitan Museum of Art