The National Gallery of Ireland (NGI) is running a pilot project regarding Public Photography in the Gallery.
- The NGI permits still and video photography for personal (non-commercial) use in the public galleries except in special exhibition areas or where specifically prohibited.
- Photography of general architectural features of the interior and exterior of the building is allowed.
- The use of flash, tripods, monopods or supplementary video lighting is not permitted.
- Photography of works in copyright or on loan is not permitted and is clearly marked on display labels, as follows:
© This work is in copyright/on loan
- From time to time, filming or photography is carried out in the Gallery. Should you wish to be excluded, please avoid any areas where camera crews/photographers are visible.
- We would appreciate feedback on the Pilot on our NGI comment cards, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org