PLEASE NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP (January 19) IS NOW SOLD OUT.
The Fundamentals of Drawing: still life, portraits and figure studies.
This series of two-hour long drawing classes caters for people who want to improve their drawing skills. Eight Saturday morning classes with professional artists limited to 15 per class. 19 January to 9 March 2013; Saturdays 11am – 1pm. Tickets (€25 per class) from the Gallery Shop. T: 01 663 3518.
19 January: Working from a model, Joe Dunne RHA, course leader
Folding stools and drawing boards will be provided. Meeting point for all courses is the Atrium. Participants should bring their own equipment. See guidelines as follows:
- A3 or A4 spiral bound sketchbooks.
- 2B-6B pencils and coloured pencils.
- Black Conte crayon, putty rubber.
- Compressed charcoal, graphite.
- Canson or heavy cartridge paper.
- Masking tape, Pritt stick, fine sandpaper, ruler.
Course Assistants: Caomhán Mac Con Iomaire and Sarah Edmondson.